Hello friends and family and interested readers-
To say that it’s been a while is a significant understatement. Hopefully most of you have stayed informed even while I have been off-line. For those of you who last heard from me in the summer of 2015, here are some quick updates:
- Stephen and I had a lovely wedding day on June 18, 2016, and we are quite enjoying marriage. (Almost a full year!)
- Stephen and I now live in Cuyahoga Falls, OH, but I’m still a Spartan. Go Green!
- By God’s grace, I completed my first year of teaching at the amazing Roberts Middle School here in Cuyahoga Falls.
- In about 5 weeks, Stephen will start a new job that we are so grateful for and so excited about! (More details on that later. :))
- In just over a week, we are going to Europe!
If you’re interested in Stephen’s and my love story, our wedding website is still up –though not updated– Morris Wedding website. And if you’re interested in pictures, check out either of our Facebook pages. 🙂
On to the exciting new news, though: God has provided a way for Stephen and me to go to Hungary and France this summer! In short, my Hungarian friend Anna contacted us earlier this year. She’s a strong believer with fierce faith who invited us to come teach at the English camp that her church is hosting in Kecskemet, Hungary, in June. Stephen and I prayed and hoped and received godly counsel. Through God’s providence and a nice refund from the US government, we bought tickets to Europe! We are so grateful and so excited for how God will work this summer. We would love your prayers in the following areas:
Please pray for…
- open hearts and minds that are ready to hear and receive the Gospel. The English camp in Kecskemet is boldly evangelistic, and we’re excited to partner with Kecskemeti Baptista Gyulekezet (Kecskemet Baptist Church website). (Just hit “translate.”)
- Stephen and me to seek God and to listen and respond to His Spirit. A good amount of this trip is fluid and flexible. We want to be a blessing and an encouragement to the Believers we spend time with. We want to draw unbelievers closer to Christ. And we want to bring honor to God throughout the trip.
As for our itinerary, here are the generalities:
June 14– We head to Europe!
June 15-18– Time with Anna and the church family, preparing for the English Camp.
June 19-23– Angol Tabor! (English Camp!) Pray for Gospel-transformation.
June 24-30– Touring around Hungary and joining Anna in ministry.
July 1-8– Staying in Strasbourg, France, and spending time with dear missionary friends of ours.
If you would like more details of our trip or how you can pray with and for us, please contact us! My new email is firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll try to update the blog during our adventure, hopefully with pictures! 🙂
We are grateful for your interest and your prayers!
~Abby and Stephen Morris